Thursday, July 22, 2010

Book Blogger Hop (4)

Book Blogger Hop
Tell us about the book(s) you are currently reading!

Well, alright then.

For the first time in a long time, I'm actually reading two books at the moment:

Northanger Abbey
~ Northanger Abbey ~
by Jane Austen

I'll be reading this one for a while, actually. See, I'm taking part in a read-along group (hosted at Reading with Tequila) and we're taking a few chapters each week and blogging/chatting about them. This first week was just the first 9 chapters (about 50 pages), so there's still time to sign up and join us.

Catherine Morland pictures herself a heroine, but is finding it quite difficult to play the part. She's not all that skilled, no one is acting villainous toward her, and she can't even find a dashing young man to fall hopelessly in love with. The book is actually a sort of parody of gothic novels, so I'm finding it quite humorous. Especially if I think of it in terms of Bella of Twilight...or perhaps more appropriately, the parody book, Nightlight.

City of Bones
~ City of Bones ~
by Cassandra Clare

Okay, so I'm not even a full chapter in yet. Forgive me, but I felt I needed a break after the reading binge I forced upon myself with the Young Wizards series. Still, I am intrigued at the premise, if not a little miffed that the demon's been snuffed out before I can get to know him. Yes, I'm a demon sympathizer, but what do you expect when you've been writing about one for nearly 5 years?

When Clary Fray heads out to a nightclub, the last thing she suspects she'll do is witness a murder. Much less a murder of a demon by three teens covered in strange tattoos calling themselves Shadowhunters.


Feel free to post a link to your own blog in the comments,
and be sure to check out other blog-hoppers at Crazy-for-Books' blog!

11 comments :

  1. Happy Hop Day, Vicky! I LOVED The Mortal Instruments! That first one felt like it took a little while for parts of it to really get going for me, but then I could not put them down! I hope you enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you've sold me, I'm definitely adding Northanger Abbey to my To Read list.
    I've long suspected that Twilight is secretly a gothic novel.
    Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Just Hopping by - I'm a new follower :). I'm giving away an ARC of Lauren Kate's Torment, plus seven other books on my blog so do check that out if you decide to stop by.
    Have a great weekend,
    Carly x

    http://carlybennett.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for stopping by my blog! re: mercy falls...hmm, no, i'm reading the regular version. well, the e-version. i found that jacket image on goodreads and thought it was the coolest of the several different versions - no idea there was a graphic novel out. interesting...

    good luck with northanger abbey! jane austen is my favorite author of all times but i have to say that is not my favorite book of hers. it's still good gothic fun though...jane is such a snarky wench.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm a new follower, I saw your blog on Book Blogs. I have a new book out - CALL OF THE WILDS
    Visit me at:
    http://galestanley.blogspot.com/
    and
    http://write-juncture.blogspot.com/

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for blog hopping over to my blog and for following. I am a new follower here also. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, stopping by from the hop!

    This is my fourth Blogger Hop too xD

    I've been wanting to read the City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. Is it awesomeness?

    Hope to talk to you soon :D

    ~M.A.CHASE♥
    machasebookreviews.blogspot.com
    m.a.chasebooks[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found your blog through the blog hop, and am a new follower. Looking forward to your review of Northanger Abbey :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Hopping Day!

    I´m an old follower and just stopping by from the hop!

    Have a great weekend!

    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just hopping by to say "hi" and hope that you are having a good weekend!!!

    Feel free to stop by my blog

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopping on over to say hello! Two great books -- enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear you howl!