Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wonder-No-More Wednesday (5)

Wonder-No-More Wednesday Rules:

1. Answer every question to the best of your ability.
No one or two-word responses. Take some time with your replies.
2. Each question must at least be acknowledged.
If you're uncomfortable providing a truthful response,
at least thank the commenter for their curiosity.
3. If there are no questions, provide a question of your own.
What're you reading? How was your day? What'd you do this weekend?
And then, of course, respond to it.
There's no reason you can't indulge your readers' curiosity.

This Meme may be copied on your own pages, but please link it back to me and my blog.
Thank you!


Teresa of Teresa's Reading Corner asks:
Is a thundering rainstorm really relaxing? The real ones don't exactly do that to me...
~ Having grown up in Indiana, I grew up with thunderstorms. Oregon, however, does not have thunderstorms, except for maybe one or two in the summer (last year we had 5+, this year none). I miss them a lot, and so I find listening to them very soothing. Also, the particular version I listen to is supplemented with flute music, so there's that too.

Melanie of Read It In 7 Days asks:
And Spirited Away, that had some awesome music, so did Princess Mononoke. Or is there actually a movie that's not the anime I'm thinking about?
~ If there is, I don't know about it. I'm thinking of the Miyazaki anime as well. I've only seen 4 of his so far (Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Castle in the Sky, and Kiki's Delivery Service), but my sister owns all of them so I'll no doubt get around to the rest eventually. And yes, they all have amazing soundtracks.

And now, a question for you:
How many blogs are you following, and how do you keep track of them?


I am currently following just under 400 blogs. I keep track of them all (and read them all) in Google Reader, only actually visiting those I want to respond to.

Some of these blogs I've already shifted into my Stop Following folder because I added them purely out of Blogger Hop necessity. Others I'm still on the fence about whether I enjoy them or not, and then I have the ones that I absolutely love. Unfortunately, even the ones I enjoy are a bit overwhelming at times, and my blogs to-be-read list goes over 1000 if I fall behind even one day.

So, I'm wondering, am I simply following too many? Or is there a better way to manage them?

That's A Wrap!

4 comments :

  1. Well I am follwing about 280 something blogs and pretty much go through the updates stopping by each blog seeing whats going on. How do you follow 400? Blogger only allows a max of 300. I would like to follow more but I can't. Also I have stopped some blogs because the person has stopped blogging. If I don't see updates from them in over a month, I stop following. I like this post. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Only 300? Is 'Blogger' following different from Google? Cause I have 394 blogs listed in Google Reader...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is different. I have not tried google reader. I think I may do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicki! I grew up in Oregon, too (Bend). I live in Austin now, though. As far as the blog following thing, I don't follow many (30 or 40) but I'm trying to up my readership. I'm new to the blogosphere, but I'm finding so many interesting people out there. Anyway, good luck with your writing!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear you howl!