Saturday, December 11, 2010

Reading Bucket List Challenge

So, come the new year, I'll be nearing my first full year of blogging! Yay! It's been fun so far, and I've gotten a lot of great advice and experience over the past year. Trying things out, finding out what works and what doesn't, has been a lot of fun. And come January 1st, I'll have a whole new year ahead of me...

Naturally that means that I will actually have a full year to complete some reading challenges! During this first year, my reading and reviews have been somewhat sparse, but I hope this new year will have less kinks ... be less kinky ... be somewhat smoother.

And so, without further adieu, here's the challenge I signed up for!


The Mad Scientist is certainly not one to stifle creativity, so her explanation and guidelines are extremely broad. The gist of it is to read a list of books that you've been meaning to get to, but haven't found time (or motivation) yet.

For those who need a little more in the way of guidelines, she does provide a Suggestion Page which has various themed lists such as Read 30 Genres, or Find 14 Settings.

As for myself, I'm using it as an opportunity to read some of the unread series I have sitting on my shelves:

Books I Own Are Bold
Unread Books Are Marked With *

Series I Own But Have Never Started:
~Alexander Cold Trilogy by Isabel Allende
1. City of the Beasts *
2. Kingdom of the Golden Dragon *
3. Forest of the Pygmies *
~The Bartimaeus Trilogy by Jonathan Stroud
1. The Amulet of Samarkand *
2. The Golem's Eye *
3. Ptolemy's Gate *
~The Wicked Years Series by Gregory Maguire
1. Wicked *
2. Son of a Witch *
3. A Lion Among Men *
~The Raine Benares Series by Lisa Shearin
1. Magic Lost, Trouble Found *
2. Armed & Magical *
3. The Trouble With Demons *
4. Bewitched & Betrayed *
~The Secret Texts Trilogy by Holly Lisle
0. Vincalis the Agitator *
1. Diplomacy of Wolves *
2. Vengeance of Dragons *
3. Courage of Falcons *
~The Lost Years Of Merlin Series by T.A. Barron
1. The Lost Years of Merlin *
2. The Seven Songs of Merlin *
3. The Fires of Merlin *
4. The Mirror of Merlin *
5. The Wings of Merlin *

Series I've Started:
~The Inheritance Series by Christopher Paolini
1. Eragon
2. Eldest *
3. Brisingr *
~The Lord of the Rings Series by J.R.R. Tolkien
1. The Hobbit 
2. The Fellowship of the Ring
3. The Two Towers *
4. The Return of the King *
~The Belgariad Series by David Eddings
1. Pawn of Prophecy
2. Queen of Sorcery *
3. Magician's Gambit *
4. Castle of Wizardry *
5. Enchanters' End Game *
~The Shadow Series by Orson Scott Card
1. Ender's Game
2. Ender's Shadow *
3. Shadow of the Hegemon *
4. Shadow Puppets *
5. Shadow of the Giant *
~Magic Kingdom of Landover Series by Terry Brooks
1. Magic Kingdom For Sale Sold!
2. The Black Unicorn *
3. Wizard at Large *
4. The Tangle Box *
5. Witches' Brew *
6. Princess of Landover
~Artemis Fowl Series by Eoin Colfer
1. Artemis Fowl
2. Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident
3. Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code
4. Artemis Fowl: The Opal Deception
5. Artemis Fowl: The Lost Colony *
6. Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox *
7. Artemis Fowl: The Atlantis Complex *
~Dragonriders of Pern Series by Anne McCaffrey (and Todd McCaffrey)
1. Dragonflight
2. Dragonquest
3. Dragonsong
4. Dragonsinger
5. Dragondrums
6. The White Dragon
7. Moreta: Dragonlady of Pern *
8. Nerilka's Story *
9. Dragonsdawn *
10. The Renegades of Pern *
11. All the Weyrs of Pern *
12. The Chronicles of Pern: First Fall *
13. The Dolphins of Pern *
14. Dragonseye *
15. The Masterharper of Pern *
16. The Skies of Pern *
17. A Gift of Dragons *
18. Dragon's Kin *
19. Dragon's Fire *
20. Dragon Harper *
21. Dragonsblood *
22. Dragonheart *
23. Dragongirl *
~Xanth Series by Piers Anthony
1. A Spell for Chameleon
2. The Source of Magic
3. Castle Roogna
4. Centaur Aisle
5. Ogre, Ogre
6. Night Mare
7. Dragon on a Pedestal *
8. Crewel Lye *
9. Golem in the Gears *
10. Vale of the Vole *
11. Heaven Cent *
12. Man from Mundania *
13. Isle of View *
14. Question Quest *
15. The Color of Her Panties *
16. Demons Don't Dream *
17. Harpy Thyme *
18. Geis of the Gargoyle *
19. Roc and a Hard Place *
20. Yon Ill Wind *
21. Faun & Games *
22. Zombie Lover *
23. Xone of Contention *
24. The Dastard *
25. Swell Foop *
26. Up In A Heaval *
27. Cube Route *
28. Currant Events *
29. Pet Peeve *
30. Stork Naked *
31. Air Apparent *
32. Two to the Fifth *
33. Jumper Cable *
34. Knot Gneiss *

Giving us a total of 109 books! Yeah, I don't know if I'll be reading all of these next year... But my goal is to know if I like the books on my shelves, and if I don't, to clear room for other titles I know I like.

So, FYI, I might not be getting to some of the new releases next year...but I hope to be cranking out a lot of reviews! Wish me luck!

Keep track of my progress on my Reading Challenges page.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me hear you howl!