Friday, January 14, 2011

An Award!


I'm lucky enough to have been awarded the Stylish Blogger Award by Mandy at Literary R&RAfter spending so much time putting the new design together, it really means a lot. Thank you so much, Mandy!

Rules of the award are:

1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
2. Tell us 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and let them know they have won!

Well, with Part 1 down, here's Part 2:

1. I watch WALL-E nightly to fall asleep. I think it has to do with the lack of dialog, coupled with the simple storyline.

2. My dad just had heart bypass surgery last week. He's doing really great so far, and I'm hopeful for a smooth and speedy recovery.

3. My favorite video game is Pokemon! I'm lousy at anything run-and-jump, so a turn-based RPG is right up my alley! If I had to choose a favorite pokemon...I don't think I could! But Eevee ranks pretty highly ^_^

4. I majored in Creative Writing in college. I know, it'll probably have me living out of a box, but it was a lot of fun while it lasted!

5. My computer still runs Windows XP and Microsoft Office 2003. I know, I'm still in the dark ages, but it works and that's all I need right now!

6. I used to play volleyball when I was in elementary and middle school. By high school I'd fully committed to marching band, so my schedule was full. When I started out, I used to serve the ball underhanded, and one time I hit it so high it went through the building's rafters. Let's just say, my serves had a lot of speed built up when they hit the player/court ;D

7. I'm a Hoosier by birth, but my mom had Oregon sand brought into the hospital room, so the first "earth" I touched was from Oregon. Does that make me a 6th generation Oregonian?

Now that that's over, it's time for me to pass things off to 15 others. Well, if I can think of that many! I'll try my best. If you've got time, why not give them a look?

Oktopus Ink
Steampunkery & Book Reviews
Shut Up! I'm Reading.
You're Killing Me
A Life Bound By Books

Honestly, so many others have gone to "Award-Free" blogs, that I'm a bit pressed to find 10 more! 
So, I'll leave it at that. And I'll leave it as optional for them to pass it along. While it's a good idea in theory, so many of these awards have gotten spamish, that I'm tempted to go Award-Free myself.

Well, that's all for now. Have a great weekend!

3 comments :

  1. Awwww, thanks for the award, Vicki! It really means a lot to me. :) Congrats on getting it in the first place!

    I know what you mean about the awards getting spammish, though. It seems like either everyone has the ones you have to give out, or is not accepting them anymore. I wouldn't blame you for going "Award Free" too. I've been considering it myself, just because I don't really have time to pass out awards.

    Thanks again, Vicki! *hugs* <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D Thanks for the award, Vickie! With you on the trouble finding other to give them to, though, it seems like all of our favorite blogs have gotten them, it's hard to find someone else to tag!

    Anyway, hopefully we'll get a chance to catch up on awards and answer all the questions :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear you howl!