Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Getting A Bit Deviant

By now some of you have probably noticed some new graphics popping up here as of late.

It all started with the Whisper Stories In My Ear Challenge hosted by the Bewitched Bookworms. They had this amazing Audiobook Impressions icon to highlight their reviews. I used it in my first review, but decided that no matter how cute it might be (and I assure you, it is MAJORLY cute), it didn't quite fit The Wolf's Den...

And so I set out to create my own unique icon, in honor of both the audiobooks I would be reviewing and the Bookworms' challenge. A few hours of work later and there it was, ready and rearing to go!

Of course, making this one was so satisfying and so much fun that I had to find something else to make! Next up were icons for the In My Mailbox meme from The Story Siren and Crazy-For-Books' weekly Book Blogger Hop, followed shortly by a new banner to match! (So, of course, if you're reading this on a feed-reader, come see!)

Though the final images were created by me, all of them are collaborations of stock images found on DeviantArt. I can't thank these selfless artists enough, not only for capturing or creating masterpieces, but for sharing them with the community.

What follows are links to the original artwork and their artists. Be sure to give them a visit and check out the rest of their art!




Whisper Stories in My Ear


In My Mailbox


Book Blogger Hop




I'm currently looking into adding some more graphics around here so keep your eye out for some exciting future changes!

Oh, and lastly, if you're curious about my past and future deviousness, you can check out My DeviantArt Page! Oh, and feel free to share your own profiles below. Have a delightfully devious day!

3 comments :

  1. Awesome awesome awesome graphics! I love the wolf. It (he or she?) is adorable, and definitely adds more personality to your blog (not that it didn't have enough personality to begin with!). Taking advantage of stock images is something that I need to do more of in the future. There are so many talented deviants online.

    Oh, and I'm stalking you on DA now. ;D My username is Psyoren. I haven't updated in a while, but I like to lurk. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm aiming for "she" on most of these graphics, though the original in the banner definitely started out as a he.

    I mostly use stock art because I am so untalented in creating my own. Yours, for example, has the cutest little octopus I've ever seen, and your books and waves are exquisite! I've begun stalking you right back ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very nice Vicki! I love the In My Mailbox one, it reminds me of what I look like whenever the mailman comes, praying and hoping there's some book goodies waiting for me:)

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear you howl!