Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Majorly Undecided

Since I'm in the process of re-reading Trickster's Girl before moving on to reading and reviewing its sequel, Traitor's Son, here's a bit of fun I ran into today while visiting one of my favorite comics, xkcd.

First, here's a video that should help provide context for the comic below:


Ah, good olde musicals.
If you're in for another tongue-twisting song, check out It Really Doesn't Matter.

I'm sure most college students have felt pretty confused at one point or another, especially when it comes to declaring their major. I didn't declare my major (Creative Writing) until the last minute (Junior year), even though I knew when I applied that's what I wanted.

And now, with the recession, I'm sure many kids that age are wondering exactly what to do. I can't offer much advice, seeing as every person and situation's different, but here's a comic that may make you smile:

Someday I'll be the first to get a Ph.D in 'Undeclared'.

Hope you enjoyed.

2 comments :

  1. I find it hilarious that they use a funny bit from a musical and then completely leave out the (completely useless) degrees associated - I have a Bachelor's in Music Performance that basically gets me... NOTHING! lol Even so, very funny, thanks for sharing! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, one of my friends also pointed out that they left off Theater, too. Then again, the writer is more involved in the sciences anyway ;)

      Delete

Let me hear you howl!