Thursday, January 3, 2013

Amazon Best Books Challenge - 2013


Basically, Amazon posts a list of the 100 Best Books of the previous year. Whether or not these are in fact the best is up to us to find out.

Since the majority of "Bests" aren't really in my usual genres... I'll be aiming for the Competent Level of 10 books:

10) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green ~ Amazon | GoodReads

15) Joseph Anton by Salman Rushdie ~ Amazon | GoodReads

21) Quiet by Susan Cain ~ Amazon | GoodReads

23) Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt ~ Amazon | GoodReads

32) Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan ~ Amazon | GoodReads

40) How to Be a Person: The Stranger's Guide to College, Sex, Intoxicants, Tacos, and Life Itself by Dan Savage ~ Amazon | GoodReads

51) The Last Policeman by Ben H. Winters ~ Amazon | GoodReads

53) The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey ~ Amazon | GoodReads

56) Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo ~ Amazon | GoodReads

59) America Again: Re-becoming the Greatness We Never Weren't by Stephen Colbert ~ Amazon | GoodReads

The challenge host, Cassandra, also decided to include the YA Top 20 Listin the challenge, since only 1 or 2 YA books made the main Editor's list. Of those, I'll probably be picking up...

2) Reached by Ally Condie ~ Amazon | GoodReads

6) Dodger by Terry Pratchett ~ Amzon | GoodReads

7) Insurgent by Veronica Roth ~ Amazon | GoodReads

9) Seraphina by Rachel Hartman ~ Amazon | GoodReads

10) Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor ~ Amazon | GoodReads

11) The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater ~ Amazon | GoodReads

12) The Diviners by Libba Bray ~ Amazon | GoodReads

13) Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver ~ Amazon | GoodReads

16) Cinder by Marissa Meyer ~ Amazon | GoodReads

17) Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas ~ Amazon | GoodReads

I figure between the two lists, I should be able to get at least 10, if not even 15 (or 20 if I get really motivated!). Overall, I'm pretty excited to give this another go. And thanks again Cassandra for hosting this challenge for us!

Any others on the list you think I need to check out?
Leave a comment below, and wish me luck!


Keep track of my progress on my Reading Challenges page.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me hear you howl!