Thursday, March 1, 2012

Marching Into The Black

I know, I know - another week without posts. Don't worry, I'm still here, just had a week-long temp job (yay!) interfering with my reading (boo!). But I'm back on track and am excited to reveal some more reviews, an upcoming release, and a little of what else I've been up to lately.

On the e-reader front, I think I'm narrowing down my search. I've been introduced to the possibility of an inexpensive tablet, which I could then personalize with whatever reading apps I wanted. I'm still not sure about backlighted reading, so I'm kinda thinking about getting a Kindle Fire from Best Buy for their trial period. See if I use any of the apps, and am okay with the backlit screen, then downgrade if I have any issues. Then again, I may fall in love with it - who knows?

In case you've been living under a rock in the last few months, you've no doubt heard about the internet protection, anti-piracy acts being voted on by various and sundry governments. SOPA was struck down or at least deferred for a time, but that hasn't stopped other bills, like ACTA, from reaching other governments and in some cases actually getting approved.

Some artists/activists/internet users have had enough and have proposed a Black March:

So what are your thoughts? Are you for or against the ACTA-type bills; will you go on an entertainment strike; is this whole thing being blown out of proportion? Sound off in the comments below!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me hear you howl!