Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wonder-No-More Wednesday (3)


Wonder-No-More Wednesday Rules:


1. Answer every question to the best of your ability.
No one or two-word responses. Take some time with your replies.

 2. Each question must at least be acknowledged.
If you're uncomfortable providing a truthful response,
at least thank the commenter for their curiosity.

3. If there are no questions, provide a question of your own.
What're you reading? How was your day? What'd you do this weekend?
And then, of course, respond to it.
There's no reason you can't indulge your readers' curiosity.

This Meme may be copied on your own pages, but please link it back to me and my blog.
Thank you!


Julianne of Café Pearl asks:
My reviews read like James Joyce! Is that a bad thing?
~ Hmmm. Not having read anything of his, I'm not quite sure. However, since I have heard of Ulysses, I'd say he's at least notable.
    Plus, from what I've read on Wiki, "Each chapter [of Ulysses] employs its own literary style, and parodies a specific episode in Homer's Odyssey. Furthermore, each chapter is associated with a specific colour, art or science, and bodily organ. This combination of kaleidoscopic writing with an extreme formal schematic structure renders the book a major contribution to the development of 20th-century modernist literature."
    So, no, I'd say it isn't a bad thing at all!

And since that was the only question asked this week, I'm going to have to ask my readers a question.

What is the purpose of Blog Buttons? Should I make one?
~ I've been pondering this for some time, seeing them on various blogs I visit, but I've never actually figured out what they're for... A little help?

And That's A Wrap!

4 comments :

  1. Blog buttons? Good question. Since I am a fairly new blogger, I really don't know why. However, when I found my 1st book blog...I clicked on the buttons that blogger had, brought me to more blogs, clicked on their buttons, and now I have a big blog roll. Not sure if that is why but this has been my experience with buttons. Will be stopping back to see others' comments on this subject.
    CMash

    ReplyDelete
  2. A blog button can be helpful in bringing more traffic to your blog, if you utilize it. As far as I know, you do this by getting other bloggers to put your button in their sidebar which you can do by offering to put up theirs in return or as bonus points in contests.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I think a blog button is very useful. ou could also swap with aother blogger in exchange for theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You hook the button to a link (so when it's clicked it goes to the link) and you post it and ask others to add it to their sidebars. Then, people click the button and get to your blog! (Well, I think...) I'm making a button today/ tomorrow/sometime/eventually.

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear you howl!