Monday, August 12, 2019

You Will Never Reach That Passage

SPOILER ALERT
This review is for those who have read or are familiar with the previous books, Disney After Dark, Disney At Dawn, Disney In Shadow, Power Play, and Shell Game, or don't mind knowing major spoilers for them.
SPOILER ALERT

Dark Passage
~Dark Passage~
Kingdom Keepers
Book 6

By Ridley Pearson
Amazon ~ Powell's

The five Kingdom Keepers and their core friends have uncovered a startling truth: Maleficent and the Overtakers (Disney villains) are plotting a catastrophic event that could have repercussions far beyond the world of Disney.

Aboard the Disney Cruise Line’s inaugural passage through the new Panama Canal, the Keepers and their holograms uncover a puzzle hidden within the pages of a stolen journal. The point of that puzzle will reveal itself in the caves of Aruba, the zip lines of Costa Rica, and the jungles of Mexico. A destructive force, dormant for decades, is about to be unleashed. The five Kingdom Keepers are to be its first victims.


I'm so glad I'm almost done with this series. This book took me forever to actually get to reading - I made just about any excuse not to have to read it.

I feel like a lot of this review will mirror my previous in the series, so I'd recommend checking my quotes/notes for more details on my thoughts (and many, many face-palms).

Overall the characters were nasty. I don't get why the teens are acting like dicks to each other, especially those of the opposite gender that they "like". Finn in particular was rude with almost everyone, not helped by the fact that he's discovered his very own new godmode. The story was a hold-over from the previous book, basically not expanding whatsoever, and for wrapping up a two-book story, the ending didn't feel resolved at all. So many unanswered questions, though mostly stuff that probably will never be explained anyway.

I get the feeling the Kingdom Keepers books will be my version of Sword Art Online for anime critics.

With that said, I think I'm gonna save the rest of my rants for the finale. Until then...

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

View all my reviews

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me hear you howl!