Monday, October 4, 2010

It's Not Paranoia If They Really Are Out To Get You...

Gasp!

Two posts?!

In the same day?!

After 3 weeks of nothing?!

WHAT IS SHE THINKING?!

Well, I'm thinking that in addition to my latest book review, I'd probably best explain my absence. It's only fair, right?

Besides the obvious burn-out that occurred following my 26 days of posts, I didn't really have a reason not to post. Sure, my ideas weren't amazing/spectacular/awe-inspiring, but they were passable. And my fingers hadn't been gnawed off in the interim.

But, I was a little under the weather. Not health-wise (except for 2 days), but mental-wise.

I'm still a little afraid to say it...but I was...depressed.

But, because I'm looking for a job, I couldn't tell anyone, I couldn't show anyone, and God forbid I come off as a little unenthusiastic one day.

With employers scanning the internet for 'background checks' and anything else that can be used against you, I've got to be extra careful in crafting my status updates, tweets, and yes, even blog posts.

So, in short, I apologize for my recent absence, but I only had our best interests in mind. You probably didn't need to hear whining or mopey sentiments, and I couldn't risk potential bosses thinking I'm not upbeat and enthusiastic.

Still, the job search continues, but I'll try to crank out book reviews a little more regularly.

2 comments :

  1. Sending some positive thoughts your way --- looking for a job is always so soul-sucking. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your search! I'm sure something fabulous is coming your way, hopefully very soon!

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear you howl!