Thursday, February 24, 2011

Book Blogger Hop (12)

Book Blogger Hop

Do you ever wish you would have named your blog something different?

Definitely not.

To make a long story short, I've always had a love for wolves and werewolves. When I first started venturing online, I picked the screenname "StormyWolf" and used this for a few years at various RolePlay sites and made quite a few friends. When I was starting this blog, I reached out to some of these friends for advice (though all of them by this time knew me by Vicki) and one came back with The Wolf's Den. Since I couldn't deny my love for wolves, and the double-meaning of "Den" worked in my favor, I went with it. And I've never looked back since.

I've always considered myself EXTREMELY fortunate to be friends with the person who gave me my blog name. He's smart, funny, horribly sarcastic, and an all-around great guy. Even though we've never met in person, and he lives around 20 hours in the future, I still consider his friendship one of my greatest assets.

Thanks, Todd.


Feel free to post a link to your own blog in the comments,
and be sure to check out other blog-hoppers at Crazy-for-Books' blog!

18 comments :

  1. Hey, I agree with you :) I think we all choose our names to suit our personalities and alot of thought goes into the process :)
    Old follower
    www.thephantomparagrapher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your picture for the blog hop. I just started blogging so I'm not tired of my name quite yet.

    Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic
    www.reflectionsofabookaholic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a reason behind my silly blog name. Come see what it is. Happy Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Newest follower found you through the hop and I like your blog's name :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Newest follower! I love your blog and the name. If you have the time stop by my blog:

    http://mybookaddiction.blogspot.com/2011/02/follow-friday-blog-hop-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Love the name. Love the blog. Awesome job!! You can see my hop over here if you'd like: http://blog.juliealindsey.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Friday Vicky! Just stopping by the blog hop. Have a nice weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I totally love your blog and the name! :) Just hopping through to say hi! New follower here, and happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. your header is SO adorable!! i love it! love your blog name too!

    In the Hammock Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like naming blogs, and I love my blog titles...one of them I renamed, but included the original name as a tagline.

    I am always making over the look of my sites (I have 14!), because that part of it (creating) is fun to me.

    Here's MY BLOGGER HOP POST

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great blog name! Stopping by via the hop. I am giving away a copy of The Iron King on my blog so stop by if you get a chance.
    NC
    Truly Bookish

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a great hop picture - I am in agreement with Alexis! Old follower. Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust
    email: steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com
    twitter: @fangswandsfairy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great answer...first-time visitor.

    Love your color theme.

    Stop by my blog for my answer if you like.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. following back...

    I also sent a friend request on Goodreads.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Newest follower here via the Friday Blog Hop. I am a contemporary romance writer and a reader of almost anything. And I'll take a werewolf over a vampire every time!

    Hope you stop by and check out my blog.

    http://writerekelly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! Just hopping through. I love your header.
    I'm a new follower, btw.
    Have a great weekend :)

    Caroline @ Bon Bons and Reveries

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hopping by to say hello! I like your story about your blog name -- how cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the name of my blog!

    I've given your blog an award! You can accept it here: http://iliveinafictionalworld.blogspot.com/2011/02/seven-facts-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear you howl!